The MCU has featured some of the biggest Hollywood names donning super hero suits.
However, not every actor is interested in playing a comic book character.
For every actor who would refuse a role in the franchise, there is another who would seize the opportunity without hesitation.
[ ADVERTISEMENT ]
Here are the actors who don't want to take part in a Marvel movie.
1. Emily Blunt isn't fond of super hero movies.
2. John Cho doesn't like the work out and dieting part required by such movies. He also has an issue with what he calls "indentured-servitude contracts."
If you play, you know, Condorman, you’re young, you’re just in from Ohio or whatever, you’re signing a 15-year contract, and they have the option to make three or four. That’s the weird thing about it.
3. Timothée Chalamet, who auditioned for the role of Spider, was given some acting advice.
No hard drugs — and no superhero movies.
4. Amanda Seyfried may love watching Marvel movies, but she doesn't want to don the suit.
This was something she realized after doing stunts for Pan.
5. Matthew McConaughey wanted to be the Hulk, but Marvel refused.
They approached him about playing a part in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 a few years later, but he declined the offer and said that he didn't like the feeling of being an amendment.
6. Reese Witherspoon isn't too interested in superhero films.
7. For Jon Hamm, it was the right decision to turn down the offer.
You are signed on for not only the movie that you are signed on for…but at least two more that you haven’t read and you have no idea what they are going to be and all the crossover ones you are going to have to do.
8. Jennifer Aniston thinks that Marvel movies is "diminishing" cinema.
Her statement drew flak from fans of the franchise.
9. Jason Statham doesn't like the fact that anyone can do the films.
He criticized the films for heavily depending on stunt doubles, green screens, and large budgets.
10. To Rose McGowan, superhero movies are tentpole films
Where are the human stories?...I want intelligence, daring work that drives society forward. I want a mirror, not every cliché regurgitated ad nauseum.
She posts on Instagram.
11. Josh Hartnett doesn't want to be labeled as Superman and the like.
12. Sean Penn didn't like that Marvel movies claimed a lot of time from talented actors.
These are the stars who are eager to land a Marvel role.
13. John Krasinski thinks that it's awesome to be part of the franchise.
14. Nhut Le would love to be a different version of the Ancient One in Doctor Strange.
15. Method Man is ready anytime.
You know, I’m ready, man. Come on Marvel. Come on Russo brothers, I’m here.
He says in an Insider interview.
16. Janelle Monáe has always been vocal about her dreams to play Storm.
17. Halle Berry wants to revisit the superhero role.
18. Lana Condor, also wants to revisit her role as Jubilee.
19. Norman Reedus wants to be Ghost Rider in case there's a remake.
The Ghost Rider conversation has been coming up for years, and yeah, tell them to put me in it.
20. Jessica Chastain turned down a Marvel role because she wanted to do a superhero role instead of a human one.
21. Eddie Redmayne would love to play a "sort of weird English baddie."
22. Alison Brie has yet to land a role, but she has been auditioning to play a Marvel character.
23. Kevin Smith wants to be Willie Lumpkin who is the mailman played by the late Stan Lee.
24. Ryan Hurst opened up about his desire to take the role of Sentry in an Instagram post.
25. Channing Tatum may be traumatized to the point of being unable to watch Marvel films after Gambit was canceled.
But he still wants to play the character given the chance in the future.
26. Jason Momoa may have turned down playing Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy, but he is open about playing Wolverine.
27. For Keanu Reeves, landing a Marvel role would be an honor.
It's no secret that the Marvel Cinematic Universe boosted the careers of many actors.
However, there are still stars who would never think twice and decline the role in a heartbeat. They have their own reasons for doing so.
Some are not keen on what comes with playing the part. Others are simply not interested.