We've all met someone who isn't a "pet person," they don't particularly like cats or dogs (or lizards or birds for that matter,) and they don't keep a companion of paws or claws at all. Not only do they tend to prefer the companionship of humans (with leniency given to those with allergies, of course,) but they tend to have a lower opinion of pets in general.
Don't let those folks tell you that your pets don't love you. We've collected photographic proof that pets love their humans as much as their humans love them, if not more.
Dogs who miss you when you go to work, cats who cuddle afterwards. Your pets love you.
1. "One very cuddly iguana"
Have you ever seen an iguana smile and cuddle? Probably not before now.
2. “Look at her, she’s coming home with me!”
That's the official look of, "I love you, hooman."
3. “It’s taken 3 weeks, but my cat has finally decided that our daughter is now part of the family.”
4. “My girlfriend takes pics of me sleeping. My dog doesn’t snuggle like this while I’m conscious.”
It's a good thing she takes the pictures then.
5. “Kahlua spent 9 months snuggling with my wife’s growing belly and she is now a proud guard dog!”
She has every right to be proud.
6. “My dad died last June. His dog still waits for him every day in his truck.”
I'm not crying, it's raining inside.
7. “The only boy who likes being around me this much”
Have you ever seen such undeniable unconditional love?
8. “We adopted this cute boy and he’s been super shy. Today, for the first time, he plopped onto my lap and did this.”
You could say he's come around.
9. “My wife is 3 weeks away from giving birth and our cats love snuggling her belly.”
That kitty already loves the baby.
10. “My wife went to work for the first time in 3 months. No words are needed.”
Sorrow, sadness, longing.
11. “My puppy gets more and more protective of my wife during her pregnancy. He snuggles her any time she falls asleep!”
Good dogs love pregnant moms.
12. “We adopted my cat almost 2 years ago and this is the first time she’s cuddling with us. So proud of her!”
Worth the wait, for sure!
13. “She saw me packing my army kit this morning. When she knows I’m going to be away for a while, she sits with me until I leave.”
She says, "please don't be gone long, I love you hooman!"
14. “New snuggle buddy”
Who knew birds were such great snuggle pals?
15. “This is how my wife and our cat sleep every night.”
This looks like the purr-fect way to sleep.
16. “I’m in danger of being nuzzled to death.”
That's how I want to go out, nuzzled to death.
17. “My ducks, Mango and Django, refuse to sit elsewhere.”
Can you blame them?
18. “One of our ducks rejected this duckling and it imprinted on me instead. It doesn’t let me out of its sight.”
Congrats on becoming a momma duck!
19. “I found her outside my house in spring. No one claimed her so she’s been my baby ever since.”
A colorful baby.
20. “The cat is sleeping while my boyfriend plays.”
A cozy but sometimes loud place to nap.
21. “My dog Chase waits for my father to come home every day around 5:30 pm — he died last year from cancer.”
Every day, everyone in the house cries around 5:30PM.