Examples Of People's Ingenuity And Clever Life Hacks That Are Almost Hard To Believe
Sometimes the need to find solution and the budget to do so simply do not line up the way we need them to. That's where life hacks come in handy.
There are a lot of different life hacks out there, but they are not all created equal. Some of them are perfect for those of us who want to get the job done without spending an arm and a leg.
Any obstacle can be overcome with the right attitude and willpower to do so, these folks have just got it all figured out. So, whether you call them life hacks, redneck hacks, or even just clever advice, one thing is for certain: if it works, it ain't stupid!
1. "Use Bobby Pins To Untie Stubborn Shoelaces"
As long as you don't lose them too easily.
2. "Putting Together Furniture? Use Some Of Its Styrofoam Packaging For Keeping Small Parts From Disappearing"
3. "Someone At My Work Created A Clock Out Of Two Cups To Keep Track Of How Fresh The Coffee Is"
Sometimes the cheapest and easiest solutions are really the perfect ones.
4. Sometimes you gotta make do.
5. "Reuse A Pringles Can For Other Snacks That Come In Bags To Avoid Loud Bag Crinkling In The Office"
Pringles cans are better than we give them credit for.
6. "I Wanted Natural Light In A Basement That Has No Windows"
"Paid $10 for two old windows, painted them, frosted the glass, installed them into my wall with LED lights behind them. Now it’s always 2 pm at the basement bar."
7. "My Dad’s T Got Splattered With Bleach, He Decided To Fix With More. I Found It Adorable"
He made it pretty.
8. "Got Her Spayed And The Vet Didn’t Have Cones Small Enough"
9. "Changed The One Earphone Rubber To Black To Quickly See Which Is Which"
Don't get confused anymore.
10. "Cables Managed"
It's beautiful, I actually wiped away a tear.
11. "My Grandma’s Technique For Cooking With Hot Oil"
She knows what she is doing.
12. Now that's how you properly work the system.
13. "Hand Sewing A 1/4 Inches Hem And I Hate Juggling The Ruler"
It's brilliant, obviously.
14. "When Disassembling Items, Punch Your Screws Thru Some Cardboard And Label The Sets. This Will Help You Retain Your Hardware, Remember Placement And Order Of Reassembly"
Remember placement and order of reassembly!!
15. "My Grandpa Uses The Actual Hardware For Labeling The Drawers"
Well, now isn't that clever?
16. Wait, it's that easy??
17. "Need Tweezers In A Pinch?"
Coin it up.
18. "The Vet Said The Anti-Scratch Cone Would Be $50.00. Tractor Supply Had It For $19.95"
He looks like a heckin' cowboy.
19. "New Safe Browsing Accessory"
Never get busted googling big boo... never mind.
20. "Instead Of Buying Those Cheap Plastic Chair Mats, I Bought A Box Of Laminate Flooring Planks And Put Them Together. Took Less Than 10 Minutes And Feels Sturdy. Chair Rolls So Smooth"
Now this is a clever solution that ought to catch on.
21. "This Genius Watching Taken Using A Clear Plastic Bag To Hold His Phone On A Plane"
Hands free ASF
22. Clever, sneaky grandpa knows how to stay occupied in church.
23. "My Mom Uses Ski Goggles When She Cuts Onions"
This is definitely one of those "if it works, it ain't stupid" scenarios.
24. "Use A Fork When Grating Last Bits Of Food To Avoid Possible Injury And To Shred Really Really Really Quickly"
Unless the sound of metal scraping really grinds you.
25. "When You Don't Have A Suit But Need One"
Thank goodness for Zoom meetings and interviews, right?
26. "Soviet Lifehack"
In Mother Russia, you don't hack life, life hacks you.
27. "This Bra Used To Protect A Horse's Infected Eye, Whilst Also Allowing It To See"
There are a million uses for bras these days.
28. "My Dog Rolo Has Always Been A Messy Drinker, My Girlfriend Turned His Water Bowl Into A Moss Garden To Keep The Place Tidy"
Aesthetically pleasing solution.
29. "To Remove Strong Adhesive Labels From Plastic Containers, Simply Put Them In The Freezer For A Few Hours Before Peeling"
Freeze N Peel
30. "In Queensland We Get A Lot Of Insects Who Escape The Heat By Getting Inside Via The Drains. My Wife Had This Idea As A Barrier. Those Are Stocking Socks"
Is there anything pantyhose can't do?
31. "Wearing A Face Mask For An Extended Period Of Time. Sew A Button To A Headband To Keep From Destroying Your Ears"
It's the little things.
32. "Why Is This Not Marketed As A Feature On All Wheelbarrows?"
It can't possibly be very comfortable.
33. "How My Grandma Closes The Bag Of Chips"
34. "If You're Like Me And Have A Broken Laptop Hinge"
Finally those dollar store photo frames we never should have bought serve a purpose.
35. "After Repeating 6 Times That I Want To Cancel My Comcast Xfinity, I Finally Figured Out How To Get Them To Stop Arguing And Actually Do What I Asked"
Even better than threatening them.
36. "Hate When Companies Ask For Your Email Address? This Is For You"
Beneficial as heck.
37. "My Grandma's Elderly Neighbors Have A Hook And Pulley System To Pull Groceries Up To Their Kitchen"
You can always count on the elderly to figure things out.
38. It may sound crazy but this is clearly work of pure genius.
39. "You Can Connect Two Ziplock Bags By Flipping One Inside Out To Make A Larger One"
Where has this been my whole life?
40. "Crazy Sore Muscles But No Bath Tub? Improvise. Adapt. Overcome"
As long as you are petite.
41. "I Use The Selfie Camera More To Plug Things Into The Back Of My Computer Than To Actually Take Selfies"
It's a multipurpose concept.
42. "He’s So Small He Can Sneak Through The Fence When He Goes Outside, So He Must Wear The Escape-Proof Wiener Bun Of Shame At Potty Time"
What a weenie.
43. "Grandma, Do You Have Some Rice That I Can Put My Phone In? It Got Wet." - She Pulls This Out Of A Cabinet
She came prepared.
44. "My Husband Made This Book-Holder-Opener For Me To Ease Hand Cramping"
What a sweet husband.
45. "Friend's Sister Lost Her Car Key While Jogging, Someone Else Made Sure She Found It"
That's what you call community support, y'all.
46. "Don't Have A Coin For A Supermarket Trolley? Use A Round Headed Key Instead"
It's cheating but I'll allow it.
47. "Many Thanks To The Stranger Who Let Me Know There Was No Bog Roll Today. I'll Be Doing This In Future When I Can"
48. "I Was Running Late For Work And Couldn't Find Her Leash, This Is How I Walked My Dog This Morning"
Dogs, aren't they something?
49. "This Gentleman At Target Who Reversed His Hooded Sweatshirt To Make A Puppy Pocket"
You had me at puppy pocket.
50. "The Easiest Way To Water Your Garden"
This is smart and affordable.