Failing to communicate our message clearly is nothing uncommon for each one of us. It doesn’t matter if you just met the person or you are living with them. In our defense - it’s not our fault, because forming a precise instruction without any possibility of misinterpreting would definitely prolong every conversation.
Sometimes we get literally what we asked for. Now, for the sake of humankind, I hope these events were pranks because the other explanation is really worrying.
We have collected some of the funniest photos of the people “literally” getting what they asked for, and we know that you will enjoy them.
Some people can communicate their thoughts much better than others, and much of the misinterpreting occurs due to failure to convey what we really want to say. Is there a way we can help others understand us better?
Well, first of all, think before you speak. Psych Central says that, before engaging in a conversation, you need to clarify with yourself the purpose of your words. Only when you are clear on what message you want to convey will the people be able to get you.
3. "A Friend’s Daughter-In-Law Was Told To “Cover Up” While Feeding Her Baby, So She Did"
4. "Asked My Daughter To Lean Against The Pole For A Picture"
Another useful advice is to say less and mean more. When you have many phrases, descriptive words, jargon, and similar, it will take you far away from what you started off saying. Psych Central recommends that you “use active verbs and keep sentences short” to get “others to listen to you and actually absorb what you’re saying.”
There is no communication without listening. If you want to understand others, you have to be a good listener and focus on the information you are receiving.
6, "I Asked My Wife To Send Me Some Underwear Pictures, This Is What I Got In Return"
7. Rebel without a cause.
8. "Told My 3 And 4-Year-Olds To Put The Toilet Paper Under The Sink. Must Be More Specific Next Time"
9. "My History Prof Wanted Us To Write A Paragraph From Any Historical Figure’s Point Of View And Urged Us To Be As “Realistic As Possible”"
10. "After A Huge Meal (Schweinshaxe) In Berlin I Asked For Just A Small Beer. This Is What The Waiter Brought Me"
12. Next time be more precise.
15. "Asked For "Nothing" As Dessert On A Disney Cruise. Got This Masterpiece"
16. "Anarchist Here. My Uncle And I Are Cut From Different Cloth"
17. "I Asked My Wife To Pick Up Some Frozen Fruit At The Grocery Store"
18. "My Wife's Grandma Likes To Buy Us Snacks Whenever She Goes To The Store, So We Asked Her For Some Sour Cream And Onion Chips. We Were Amused By What She Came Back With"
20. "Went Through The Taco Bell Drive-Thru With A Friend. When Asked If We Wanted Sauce, I Said: "As Much As You're Allowed To Give Me". I May Have Made A Mistake"
24. "When You Ask For A Golden Retriever For Your Birthday And Your Boyfriend Gets You This"
25. "I Asked My Brother To Take A Picture Of Me In Spain And This Was The Actual Picture He Thought Was Fine (P.S. I’m Not Wearing A Hat)"
26. "My Wife, A Venezuelan Smart-Mouth"
28. "Boss Said I Wasn’t Using Enough Wet Floor Signs While Mopping"
29. "My Friends' Kid Asked For A 3DS For His Birthday"
30. "My Husband Asked Hardees To Put Extra Frosting On His Cinnamon Biscuit"
32. "Was Worried About Privacy, So I Asked If They Could Put A Door Up To The Men's Change Room. Problem Solved"
33. "I Think My Barista Is Trolling Me"
35. "I Told My Students To "Include The Word Count In Your Essays""
36. "Asked My Husband To Put The Pillowcases On The Pillows"
37. "Asked For A Small Frosty But In A Medium Cup "I Wasn't Sure, But Hope This Is What You Were Asking For""
39. "Taking Advantage Of A Poorly Worded Question On A Music History Test"
40. "My Cousin's Friend Ordered A Chicken Burger And Asked For Mayo On The Top And Bottom, This Is What She Got"