50 Photos Of The Worst Cases Tech Support Had To Handle
It is not easy working in tech support. They have to clean up the mess made by people who don't understand a thing about technology and don't want to be bothered with learning. And it's not just dust in the cooler or an incorrectly connected audio jack. No, we are talking about huge blunders and fire hazards lurking on every corner.
People from the tech support share their craziest repairs on Reddit's TechSupportGore.
We have selected some of their craziest posts, and we know you are going to love them. And start taking better care of your electronics. Take a look:
2. "When They Get Creative With The Only Working Audio Output They Have"
3. "Customer Describes A “Slight” Burning Smell"
4. "Dont Use Lemonade To Clean Your Mouse. I Thought The Acidity Would Clean Off The Buildup Of Crumbs And Cheeto Grease But It Just Attracted These Ants. I Left Home For 2 Days, Just To See This On My Desk"
TechSupportGore subreddit was started in 2012 and now has more than 485k members who love to “cringe to the brink of passing out after a few minutes looking at this subreddit.”
The posts show everything from makeshift electronics to cases where people believed fixing their completely burned or bent computers would be a simple thing is both painfully funny and relatable.
The moderator Coffeechipmunk says: “I feel like the community has grown different tastes for the subreddit over time, for sure. For a while, cable gore was boring, cracked screens, etc. Now? Bad wiring is loved.”
5. "Go Check The Switch Closet. We Think Something Might Have Gotten Unplugged Somewhere"
6. "A Dove Made A Nest In The Projector In My Classroom"
The moderator explained that the "Tech Support Gore" refers to "stuff in the tech support or IT field that's a computer comparable version of gore," and added: "Instead of a heart ripped out, it's CPU pins. Slightly less awful."
Coffeechipmunk told the reporters that the worst tech support gore cases were "anything with bugs in it. That's the worst." Also, "the guy who got a laptop full of milk. Yeesh."
9. "Trouble Ticket Read "After Office Renovation Internet Doesn't Work""
10. "While We're Posting Pierced Fiber Lines"
12. "So..this Came In Today..and It’s Glorious"
And when it comes to sometimes absurdly humorous touch to its submissions, the moderator thinks that "it's played up for laughs a bit, to be honest." Then he added: "There's definitely posts where it's like, 'Yikes! That's bad.' But I can't imagine anyone passing out from seeing bad cabling, ya know?"
13. "I Don’t Work In Tech. My Hospital Has Some Occasional Network Issues...i’ve Finally Seen Behind The Curtain"
14. "Shared On Facebook. Why Is My Mouse Not Working?"
16. "Saw This In The Basement Of A Mini-Mall"
17. "This "Watercooled" PC I Found For Sale Online"
18. "Coworker Had An Important Thumb Drive Fail On Her (Solder Pads Tore Off)... Just A Little Bit Of Janky Soldering And I Was Able To Recover The Files Just Fine"
19. "To Ensure Maximum Keyboard Stability, He Decided 57 Screws Was The Magic Number For The X360"
21. "The Way The "Electrician" Repaired His Own Mistake At My Home Without Notifying Me (Optical Fiber Entry Link). "They Shouldn't Notice""
22. "Playstation 2 Slim "Doesnt Turn On" Also Seller Had No Idea What Happened To It"
23. “.. No I Have Never Dropped My Phone In Water Or Anything.”
24. "Found This On A User's Desk"
25. "Student Spilled Nail Polish On Computer. Mother Tried To Clean It And Washed Off 26 Keys"
26. "Wife Spilled Coffee On Laptop..."
27. "Another Day In Paradise"
29. "Mom, Can We Get Business-Grade Ethernet Switch? - No, We Have Business-Grade Ethernet Switch At Home. - Business-Grade Ethernet Switch At Home:"
32. Education never stops
35. "Cox Literally Put A Generator Up This Telephone Pole ??? Apparently To Restore Internet To My Friends Block Somehow ??? They Come By Like Every 12 Hours To Refill It With Gas ??? Pray For Dhemecourt Be This Is F**king Sketchy"
36. "I Was Not Prepared For The Discovery Of This Redneck Projector Mount"
38. "So When My Old Build Threw In The Towel Some Time Back, It Looked Like It Was Sending Me Ransom Notes. Still Not Sure What Caused It. Mobo? Cpu?"
39. "What Kind Of Soap Were They Using? Returned After Less Than A Year Of Use"
40. "The Aftermath Of The Capitol Siege"
41. "Look At What This Spectrum Guy Did To My Poor Grandma..."
42. "New One For Me. Iron Shavings Stopped Speaker From Working"
43. "The Router And Cables In My School's Server Room"
44." Facebook Marketplace "Problem With Cooling, I Cut It Open""
47. "Got To Keep The Press Brake Working"
48. "The Forbidden Capri Sun"
49. "Nahh I Dont Need A Tutorial Or A Heating Gun"