[ ADVERTISEMENT ]
A part of me wants a reminder of my dead cat
The comments rolled in and every redditor was of the opinion that the opinion would be making a grave mistake to name her child after her dead cat. Here are some of the most upvoted comments:
1. Your husband already said no
2. Don't name your kid after your cat
4. It's not just your decision to make
5. What your child will see as his purpose in life
6. Give your kid another nice name
7. It is time to find a different name
8. It's still very early in your grief
9. He is going to hate you with a passion
10. Your husband has the right to disagree
11. You need to respect his no
12. How did you decide on my name?
13. Your son doesn't exist to be a reminder
14. Your cat was a big part of your life
15. A baby name should be agreed on
16. Don't saddle your kid with the name of your cat
17. This redditor is tabling how the future discussion will look like
18. It's the second comment for me
19. Let your son be someone different instead
20. Name your next pet Jake and not your son
Here is an est the OP added later on...
The significance of an animal in your life may also have an effect on how you decide things. The OP clearly was in grief over her dead cat, and the redditors made sure to put her straight.
What are your thoughts about this story? Are you in support of what the OP intended to do? Is the middle name a compromise, or still a win for her?
Leave your replies in the comments section below.